Allen Terrace is an apartment community for active, independent
senior citizens, owned by the City of Northville. The City of Northville
Housing Commission establishes the admission criteria for Allen Terrace.
The Housing Commission must approve changes to the criteria.
The following criteria apply to all applicants for housing at Allen
- All residents must be a minimum of 55 years old.
- All residents must be able to live independently.
- Allen Terrace requires no minimum or maximum income or assets.
- All applicants must provide age verification and, if applicable,
preference verification. Acceptable age verification includes a
valid drivers license, state identification, or birth certificate.
Acceptable preference verification, for residency preference,
includes property tax records, deeds, mortgage documents, or lease.
City of Northville residents must also provide verification that
includes the length of residency.
- The City of Northville Housing Commission approves all
The following preferences apply to all applicants. For City of
Northville preference categories, additional preference is given based
on the greatest number of years either as a tax payer or resident. The
categories are listed in preferential order.
- Current City of Northville resident (ranked according to most
number of years)
- Former City of Northville resident (ranked according to most
number of years)
- Parent or grandparent of current City of Northville resident
- City of Northville employee; including parent or grandparent of
- Current Northville Township resident; including parent or
grandparent of current Northville Township resident
- All others
Applicants may request that their application be placed in the "will
call" status. This reserves the applicant a place on the waiting list in
the appropriate category, but indicates that the applicant will contact
the Housing Commission when the applicant is ready to move to Allen
The Housing Commission will update the waiting list annually by
sending letters of interest to all applicants. Applicants that return
the requested information will remain on the waiting list. Applicants
that do not respond will be removed from the waiting list.